Do you store all of your music on one device or just don’t have enough space on your phone or computer to transfer it between the two? Twonky is an excellent choice for people who do not like storing 16GB of music, video, or photos on their Android device but would still like to access their music on their tablet, phone, or computer in their home without having to use a mess of cables. Twonky was easy to install and set up, just a few taps on the screen and the server was up and running. I was able to access all the media that I selected, wirelessly on my laptop to stream movies, music, or photos without any lag or hesitation.
• Easy to Use
• It will play your streaming music in the background, so you can multitask
• Can share a photo or music via the application
• Able to play music off your phone or tablet on your computer
• Able to stream music off your computer to your phone via installing the Twonky software on PC
• Good streaming quality
• Offers a 15-day trial to give you plenty of time to test out their product before purchase
• Supports Audio formats: AAC, ALAC, AMR, HE-AAC, iLBC, IMA4, Linear PCM, MP3, μ-law and a-law
• Supported Video Formats: H.264 video (640×480 or 320×240), 30 fps with AAC-LC audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats OR MPEG-4 video (640×480), 30 fps with AAC-LC audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
• Supported Photo Formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF
The Not So Good:
• As of now, is unable to stream WMA files (as seen by the screenshot above), which was the majority of my library, severly limiting the usefulness of the application to me
I didn’t notice many problems with the program, only the WMA playback with me. Go ahead and try out Twonky Mobile in the Android Market to start your trial now and see if you like what it offers. If you do, the License is available for purchase for a low price of $2.99. Let us know what you think of the program!